Honey Garlic Chicken
Sticky, easy honey-garlic chicken made simple, with the most incredible honey garlic sauce that is so good you'll want it on everything! Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over vegetables, rice, pasta, or a salad.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in with skin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 c Heritage Bee Liquid Wildflower honey
- 1/4 c water
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar or any white vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh green onions (garnish)
- White sesame seed (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add chicken and sear until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre. It should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Drain most of the excess grease from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons behind.
- Arrange chicken thighs skin-side down in the pan. Place crushed garlic between the chicken and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add Heritage Bee Co liquid honey, water, vinegar, and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until sauce reduces down and thickens slightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sear chicken in an oven proof skillet or pan, skin side down first for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for a further 3 minutes until browned each side.
- Bake in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes, until completely cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Garnish with finely sliced green onions and sesame seeds