Here at Heritage Bee Co, we recognize that companies can make a large impact on the lives of their workers. We also recognize that there is a shortage of skilled workers in remote areas. Nearly 20% of Canada’s population lives in rural, remote, Indigenous, coastal or northern communities.
As a rural business and leader in the apiculture industry, we are committed to hiring local. We aim to have 90% of our workforce from within 75 km of our head office location in Mulmur, Ontario
Additionally, we are deeply committed to hiring from all representations within the workforce. We prioritize the following groups:
- New immigrant / refugee (new is defined as having arrived in Canada in the past 5 years)
- Indigenous peoples
- Visible minorities / racialized
- Youth who have not previously been employed and for whom this
- would be their first job experience
We are also governed by the following principals:
- Investment - by paying above the minimum wage in our province
- Mentoring – we will support professional and career-development of our workers.
- Skills development – we will provide opportunities for our staff to develop the necessary skills for success.
- Health and safety practices – we have implemented measures to ensure that our work environment is safe for all.
- Work environment policies and practices – we have implemented measures to provide a work environment free of harassment and discrimination, including non-discriminatory hiring practices.